OUR RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Two weeks ago, we shared our strategy for the impact of COVID-19 (novel Coronavirus) on our church worship services. These plans follow CDC recommendations for public safety for places of worship that may be found at:
Severe risk groups include:
- elder citizens
- Individuals with respiratory issues
- Individuals with high blood pressure
- Individuals with obesity
- Individuals with compromised immune systems
- Dry cough
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
While no vaccine against this virus has been developed, there are a number of behaviors we can practice helping minimize our exposure.
- Avoid physical contact with other people
- Allow a minimum of 6 feet between yourself and other people
- Avoid gatherings as much as possible
- Limit travel as much as possible
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently and after contact with other people
- Use hand sanitizer when soap and water not available
- Sanitize door knobs and other surfaces contacted by hands
- Avoid touching mouth, nose, and eyes
- Cover mouth when coughing
OUR RESPONSE FOR AMRS
This public health crisis most likely will impact our community far longer than the two week closures (through March 30) announced in other parts of our country. We are in the early days of this pandemic.
We will continue to offer childcare as long as conditions allow. We urge all staff and student families who display COVID-19 symptoms or test positive for the virus to seek immediate medical attention, self-quarantine away from AMRS until released by physician’s recommendation.
We also will follow community health guidelines/recommendations provided by our county, state, and national health agencies.